User Tips, Viewers & Hints
VDOE’s website conforms to state mandates for design, navigation and accessibility, and includes a variety of features to enhance the usability of the site. The following resources are available to assist users in learning the new site:
- Getting Around the VDOE Website (PDF) – information on the site structure and a detailed outline of topics and subtopics that can be printed and kept as a reference
- Guide to VDOE Website Design Elements (PDF) – screen shots and tips to help users learn to navigate the site and make the most of its many communications features
- Download viewer instructions for use with files and plug-ins used on this site (Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) | Word Viewer (DOCX), etc.)
This section's purpose is to assist with VDOE accessibility features. These options are not intended to overrule screen reader or browser accessibility settings or access keys. Their use is entirely optional.
The method of activating Access Keys will depend on the web browser or reader you use. Below are the common ways to use an access key, depending on your operating system/browser.
Microsoft Windows Users
- Mozilla Firefox: Press Alt + an "access key".
- Internet Explorer: Press Alt + an "access key" .
Apple Mac Users
- Press Ctrl + an "access key".