Walk Smart, Virginia!
Walk Smart, Virginia! was created to involve schools, families and communities in helping young Virginians make smarter activity choices for a healthier future and to get students to move more and sit less in their daily routines.
Physical Education teachers may set up a Walk Smart, Virginia! account for their students to logon to the Web site, set goals, record the number of steps they have walked, and view a map of Virginia and their position along a "virtual" walking route they have selected. The website includes information about the locations along the route and integrates aspects of history, geography, government and recreation, as well as a steps-to-miles converter, body-mass index calculator and links to nutrition and physical activity websites.
These files are in PDF format
- Pedometer Activities to Enhance Cross-Curricular Learning Lesson Plans
- Walk Smart, Virginia! Certificate of Participation
- Walk Smart, Virginia! 100,000 Steps Award
- Walk Smart, Virginia! 500,000 Steps Award
- Calorie Conversion Chart
- Steps-to-Miles Conversion Chart
- Seven-Day Physical Activity Record
- Seven-Day Physical Activity Record 2
- Four-Week Physical Activity Record
- Four-Week Physical Activity Record 2
- Logon directions for Physical Education Teachers
- Sample Letter to Parents
- Sample Pedometer Fund-Raising Letter
- Setting Pedometer Step Goals
- WalkSmart, Virginia! Technical Assistance Guide Book