Alternative Education Reports
News & Announcements
The regional alternative education reports to the Governor and General Assembly were discontinued in 2008-2009 in a cross-agency effort to reduce burdensome data collection and paperwork for local school divisions.
The Virgnia Board of Education reports annually to the Governor and the General Assembly on the effectiveness of Regional Alternative Education Programs. The objectives of this report are to:
- Provide an overview of the programs, student populations, staff, program resources and support, and parental and community support.
- Review the program administrators’ perceptions of the adequacy of the programs.
- Evaluate the performance of the programs and students.
Regional Alternative Education Projects Reports
- 2008-09 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2007-08 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2006-07 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2005-06 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2004-05 Annual Report (PDF)
Status of Regional Alternative Education Student Slots for 2008-2009
- 2008-09 (PDF)