- Taking it Back to the Beginning of Student Record Collection a.k.a. SRC
- Take it Back to the beginning of Student Record Collection a.k.a. SRC Part 2: Which Students should be reported?
- The Fall SRC submission should include student records from the first day of school up through October 1.
- For Fall 2016, October 1 is a Saturday and it is understood by VDOE that there will not be any entry or exit dates of October 1. However, data should still be compiled using the October 1 date.
- This data collection is primarily used to calculate Fall Membership as of September 30. The Fall submission must also include records for students that were active on the previous End-of-Year submission.
- Reminder: Any student who dropped out during the previous school year or who were active on the last day of school and haves not returned to school by October 1, will be counted as a dropout.
Take it Back to the beginning of Student Record Collection a.k.a. SRC Part 2: Which Students should be reported?
- Every student who depends on a public school division in Virginia for a free appropriate public education must be included in each student record collection.
- This includes all full-time and part-time students served in the division's schools.
- This includes those the division has helped place in other public and private schools/centers regardless of how the placements are funded.
- Students in local or regional jails are reported by the division that serves the jail.
- Any student who receives educational serves at a public school in Virginia or who attends a private school where a Local Education Agency (LEA) pays the tuition should be reported.
- Any student that attends a virtual school through an approved MOP should be reported by the division that funds the virtual school.
- Any student that attends one or more courses through Virtual Virginia should be reported by the LEA that is responsible for the student.
- One record is due for each student at each school where the student has at least one day of membership. A student who entered and withdrew from several different schools during the school year will have one record for each school.